What a month we had! We loved seeing so many folks come out to sample all the delicious vegan snacks at Ponysaurus at our after party last weekend. Check out our list of winners, in case you missed it.
After the after-party. We’re all so happy to have had a successful challenge – whew!
Wondering where to find vegan dishes in Durham now that April 2016 is over? Here’s a list of information about our challenge restaurants that will keep you coming back for more:
- Overall winner Guglhupf will continue to offer their winning dish, the vegan Königsberger Klopse, for the entire month of May. They let us know that “Given the positive feedback we received from you on this challenge, we are working to develop new vegan dishes for all of our menus throughout the day.” Did someone say brunch at Guglhupf?
- Protein theme winner Luna Rotisserie will prepare a vegan entree special each Monday, for meatless Mondays. The jack fruit encocado will be in regular rotation (thank goodness – I am officially addicted to that dish!) They plan to announce the month’s specials via social media at the beginning of each month.
- I stopped by Parts & Labor at Motorco last week, and slyly asked if I could please have the vegan taco even though it was May… My friendly server pointed me to the printed menu where the $4 tofu masala taco now has a home.
- Dos Perros will continue to keep a vegan dish on the regular menu, continue to have the 3-course vegan menu on Tuesdays and additionally have a vegan dessert on the weekends.
- Rise is working on vegan biscuit Tuesdays. A vegan biscuit – what a great thing to see in our city!
- At The Federal, best pairings winner, all of the challenge dishes will be cycled into the specials.
- The Durham Co-op, The Parlour, and The Cupcake Bar (dessert winner) will continue w/their usual amazing vegan offerings.
Happy + Hale
is keeping their challenge dish, the Incredibull, on the menu.
It was really exciting to be involved in a challenge like this and to influence the menu items at some of Durham’s best restaurants. Our volunteer team is so happy that the challenge was a success and that it has made a lasting effect on Durham’s vibrant food scene. Stay tuned for future vegan challenges!